Each year my husband and I try and take a road trip to visit some National Parks and other natural wonders. Last year, we took a California Road Trip and visited Sequoia National Park to see the giant Redwood Trees, and we also went to Napa/ Sonoma, San Francisco, Carmel, and Big Sur Beaches. This year we wanted to do more of a National Parks trip with a definite stop at some of Utah’s National Parks.
So, we decided to take a 7 day road trip and visit Valley Of Fire, Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, Antelope Canyon, and Horseshoe Bend which took us through Nevada, Utah, and Arizona.
After (over) Instagramming a load of photos from the trip, I had a few requests for our itinerary. As result, below I’ve written our (very) detailed itinerary to show how we were able to pack all of our stops into our trip.
And coming soon- a blog post for each of our stops with more details and more photos. PS. sign up on my home page to get email notifications of new posts!
- 7 AM Left Los Angeles and drove to Nevada
- 1 PM Arrived at the Valley of Fire State Park, NV. We stayed in the park about fours hours before driving on to Springdale, UT.
- Hiked: Mouse’s Tank
- Visited Points of Interest: Elephant Rock, the Beehives, Rainbow Vista, and Seven Sisters
- 7:30 PM arrived in Springdale, UT and checked-in, where we stayed 2 nights
- Zion National Park day:
- Hiked: The Narrows
- Visited Points of Interest: Wall Street, Virgin River
- Stayed the Night in Springdale, UT
- 9 AM We checked-out and drove through Zion National Park on the way to Bryce Canyon.
- 12 PM arrived in Bryce Canyon National Park
- Hiked: Navajo Loop, Queens Garden, and Rim Trail
- Visited Points of Interest: Sunset Point, Wall Street
- 6 PM Checked-in to our hotel in Tropic, UT, where we stayed one night
- 9 PM Went back to the Park to Sunrise Point for stargazing
- 10 AM Started our drive to Page, AZ
- We stopped at the Coral Pink Sand Dunes Sate Park
- 2 PM Arrived in Page, AZ and checked-in to our hotel
- 3:30 PM Toured Upper Antelope Canyon (Navajo National Park)
- Stayed the night in Page, AZ for 2 nights
- 1 PM Took a Boat Tour of Antelope Canyon at the Lake Powell Marina
- 3:30 PM Visited Horseshoe Bend
- Stayed the night in Page, AZ
- 10 AM Started our drive back to Los Angeles
- Stayed the night in Kingman, AZ which was about the halfway point
- Back in Los Angeles and HOME by 2 PM.